To make a gift to the School and take a U.S. income tax deduction, you may make a donation to the British Schools & Universities Foundation (Federal Tax ID 13-616-1189), a charitable organization approved by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service under code Section 501(c)(3). You should express a preference for Belfast Royal Academy in your transmittal form, not on your cheque. Such preferences are respected by the Foundation but all grants are made at its sole discretion, as required by the IRS.
How to support us?
To make a gift, you can donate directly to the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF) by cheque or online with a credit card. We would encourage donors to use cheques as the preferred method of sending gifts to the School, as online donations incur a 3% service charge via the Network for Good organisation and take longer to be sent to the School.
When your donation is received by BSUF, you will be sent a tax letter by them by mail.
You must complete our Donor Transmittal Form and include it with your cheque and send it to BSUF by post.
- You must express a preference to support Belfast Royal Academy in the Donor Transmittal Form
- Make cheques payable to the British Schools and Universities Foundation, Inc.
- Postmark on or before December 31st to qualify for current-year tax deduction.
- In order to be voted, donations must arrive at our New York City mailing address by the Thursday before the next Board of Director’s Meeting
- Mail your cheque to: The British Schools and Universities Foundation, 575 Madison Avenue, Suite 1006, New York, NY 10022-2511
Note: If your gift is coming from a donor advised fund, some fund administrators do not include identifying information on the checks, which makes it difficult, if not impossible, for us to identify the donor or their preference. Please tell your donor advised fund that the check they send BSUF must indicate your name and the institution you prefer to benefit.
Online Credit Card Gifts
- People who wish to donate online by credit card with preference for Belfast Royal Academy can do so by using Network for Good, an independent foundation that manages BSUF’s online credit card giving.
- You must indicate the name of your chosen institution as Belfast Royal Academy
in the online donation form.
- You can set a one-time or recurring credit card donation.
- Network for Good will deduct 3% from your donation for processing, or you can opt to cover this in your donation.
- It takes a minimum of four weeks for Network for Good to forward your donation to BSUF.
- When gifts are made online, your receipt for tax purposes will come from directly Network for Good, not from BSUF.
Note: - Cheques sent directly to BSUF do not incur a 3% service charge and are received in a timelier fashion than credit card gifts.
DONATE BY CREDIT CARD
Some donors can realise significant tax benefits in giving gifts of marketable securities. Donations can be made in securities or by wire by contacting Anita Hairston, BSUF’s agent at UBS. The contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or she can be contacted in the United States at (757) 624-3381
If you have any queries or require any further information about gifts of support from overseas, please contact our Development Office by email.